COMCAST - GENERAL SALES MANAGER
General Sales Manager - Advertising Sales – Charleston, SC
Comcast Spotlight is the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable. Our mission is to harness the enormous impact of cable television on behalf of our advertisers. Comcast Spotlight serves 90+ of the nation's 210 designated market areas - including eight of the top 10 television markets. Comcast Spotlight's goal is to make cable television easy to buy, and to enhance the value of spot television via new technologies.
Comcast Spotlight is headquartered in New York City with 3,200 professionals located across the country, providing companies and their agencies with local, regional, and national spot advertising opportunities. Comcast Spotlight's Media Sales portfolio provides effective, interactive and targeted advertising applications that only spot cable can provide including: zone-based targeted :30 spot advertising, long-form video on demand, and four distinct interactive platforms: Request For Information, Telescoping, Remind-Record, and the Comcast Interactive Program Guide.
- Responsible for directing and controlling advertising sales activities for a network, geographic area, industry, or sales channel across multiple cable networks and zones.
- Accountable for achieving assigned revenue targets associated with regions or segments of accountability.
- Monitors and delegates the work of sales managers and account executive as well as continually evaluating sales performance and modifying plans
to achieve better results. Provides leadership and direction for team which may include multiple functional areas. Develops and implements strategy for functional area(s). May have responsibility for developing and managing budget.
- Generally reports to Sr. Director or VP.
Comcast Spotlight is seeking a advertising sales leader to manager our Charleston SC team, a top 100 market. Our GSM will coach and drive results for the market. Key responsibilities include identifying opportunities for growth for local and regional sales and through affiliate partnerships, as well as partnering with marketing, research, and finance as a true General Sales Manager.
- Develops and administers local/national advertising sales plan and promotional approaches including identification of objectives, strategies and action programs to produce revenue toward achievement of set goals.
- Provides motivation for advertising sales personnel through individual contact, goal setting, periodic meetings, incentive plans/contest, and
a positive working environment.
- Complies with the policies and follows procedures outlined in the Company's policy manual and complies with the details outlined in the Company's Code of Ethics and Business Conduct. Recommends changes or deviations in established policy to meet competitive situations.
- Develops operating budget for regions/teams within scope of authority to meet budgeted revenue and cash flow objectives.
- Assures maximum utilization of the sales resources in keeping with Company objectives.
- Oversees advertising availability inventory.
- Assists with establishing and ensuring the execution of short- and long-term advertising revenue goals.
- Recruits, trains, motivates, Develops and coaches a team of Account Executives as well as Ad sales regional staff including, Planners and
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 9+ years related experience
- 5+ years advertising sales leadership experience
- Proven digital, advanced media, multi-screen successes
- Ability to lead and drive results
Apply Online: www.ecentralmetrics.com/url/?u=49871553664-63
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.