FOX DEPORTES - COMMUNICATIONS/MEDIA RELATIONS MANAGER
Communications/Media Relations Manager (FOX Deportes, Los Angeles, CA)
The Communications/Media Relations Manager will be responsible for highlighting the FOX Deportes brand and increasing the profile of the network in consumer and trade publications. The candidate will work closely with public relations teams of various partners (UFC, Golden Boy, NASCAR, etc.) as well as the FOX Sports Media Group internal PR department to maximize exposure and heighten FOX Deportes relevancy.
· Leverage and cultivate existing relationships with top Hispanic outlets in major Hispanic markets in order to increase FOX Deportes coverage.
· Work with the VP of marketing to develop PR strategies around programming and network initiatives
· Deliver placement of FOX Deportes talent in consumer facing media. Elevate the credibility and celebrity of talent and increase their off-channel exposure through relevant outlets.
· Produce consumer facing press releases that promote the FOX Deportes brand and offerings tied to linear programming, brand initiatives, etc.
· Produce trade focused releases highlighting network's ratings success, key programming acquisitions, etc.
· Evaluate the impact of press efforts and develop and execute PR stunts around events/initiatives.
· Work with FOX Sports Media Group (FSMG) to ensure FOX Deportes is highlighted in press efforts when appropriate.
· Work with PR teams from FOX Sports in Latin America to develop and execute regional, PR based initiatives.
· 6+ years of public relations related experience and a strong network of writers/bloggers targeting Hispanic market
· Bachelor's degree required (preferably in marketing/journalism)
· Fluency in writing, editing and sourcing Spanish editorial
· Superior verbal communications and interpersonal skills in English and Spanish
· Working knowledge of sports including soccer, boxing, MMA, baseball, NASCAR, etc.
· Proven success in a team environment and successful cross-departmental collaboration
· Ability to write trade and consumer focused press releases in English and Spanish.
· Knowledge of television market, Nielsen ratings.
· Ability to analyze and effectively communicate ratings information to media buying audience
Please contact: Shannon Morten, Manager, Recruiter - Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org
Fox is an Equal Opportunity Employer